Saturday, December 3, 2011

John Frieda Precision Foam Colour Review!!


I completed a survey on the John Frieda website a few months ago, and finally got my coupon to get a free box in the mail. This was what I had gotten with my CVS shopping trip I posted about earlier. I got the color "brown-black". My hair is naturally blonde, but I've been dying it brown lately. The problem with my hair is that it doesn't hold color too well, so it usually fades a couple of weeks later. Last time I used the Revlon Colorsilk ($2.99) and did it black and within a week it was brown. I'm not sure if this is due to my hair or the fact I used cheaper stuff, so this time I got brown-black, incase it doesn't fade being more high-end, and I didn't want to be stuck with it being black. So I'll update this review a few weeks later to let you know if it faded or not.

* I've heard so many mixed reviews when it comes to foam hair color. Most people I talked to that had used it said they didn't like it because it dried out their hair, or was hard to do. I'm not sure what brand they used or if they were dying their hair darker or lighter (dying it darker adds to your hair so it's actually better for your hair, whereas lighter is stripping color from your hair), but the John Frieda Precision Colour Foam did the opposite to my hair. When I was rinsing it out, before I even added the conditioner, my hair felt silky-smooth and was easily brushable with my fingers.

* If you read the instructions all the way through (which are short and to the point, unlike some that seem to go on and on about nothing) it's easy to apply. If you don't read the instructions you'll miss key steps though, which I imagine a lot of people probably do. Usually people don't read the "Caution: Don't..." stuff because they assume it'll be common sense stuff, like, "give to children, consume by mouth, etc", but this one lets you know some very important things not to do or you'll mess up the foaming process. For instance, you DON'T shake the bottle. Most hair coloring treatments require you to shake the bottle, but after you add the liquid to the first bottle of liquid, you tilt slowly 5 times, and then that's it. Too much tilting or shaking can make it too liquidy and it won't come out like a foam, which means it won't get applied the way it should to evenly coat your hair as well as mess up the timing process. The other important tip is to squeeze the bottle to dispense the foam. Otherwise you'll be sitting there trying to pump it out and barely anything will be coming out, but when you squeeze from the sides of the bottle it comes out perfectly.

* Keep a close eye on the time. It said no longer than 30 minutes. I made sure to rinse it out after 20 minutes because I didn't want to risk drying my hair out like others said they did.

* The foam was super easy to apply. The gloves are excellent. They actually are fitted and don't slide off, so it made it a lot easier than those cheap clear plastic gloves that are 10 sizes too big. At first I was a little discouraged because the foam was disappearing right after I applied it and I couldn't seem to make it look like a rich lather like in the pictures, but then all of a sudden towards the end of the bottle my hair was covered in a thick lather from just adding more and more.

* You only need 1 bottle!! Unless you have crazy long hair. I'll post a picture of my hair from after I dyed it. 1 bottle was more than I needed. I ended up throwing some out because I was tired of applying it. Usually I have to buy 2 boxes of hair dye, so even the cheap stuff is almost the same price as the John Frieda.

* Added bonus: The conditioner smells amazing. And there's plenty left to keep using it for at least a week after. You're supossed to save it and use just once a week for a month, but it smells too good that I'm sure I'll use it again tomorrow. And the conditioner is in an actual bottle, not a plastic sample pack that you have to rip with your teeth.


Here is a picture of my hair after I dyed it. I wish I would've thought to do this review before I started coloring, or I would've included pictures of me doing it as well as a before. I literally thought, "Hey I should review this" as I was rinsing the conditioner out of my hair.






No comments:

Post a Comment